VIEW OUR 2-MIN. VIDEO
Arowhon Pines is fully booked for the rest of the 2021 season; we are taking bookings for 2022 at this time.
Autumn Guests with Reservations:
Algonquin Park is busy in the fall, especially during the weekends. If you arrive at either the West or East Gate and Algonquin Park has reached capacity, visitors will not be permitted to enter. This absolutely does not affect registered guests of Arowhon Pines. Drive through and do not stop to pay for a permit; we will provide you one upon arrival. Weekend guests should know that Park trails are busy, your favourites might be closed and parking lots full; traffic on Highway 60 is slow and (gasp) you might not make it back for lunch! Enjoy our trails instead that start from our property. If you do venture out, make sure that you bring your park permit and display it on your dashboard. Stay safe.
In addition to being on the lake and in the forest, Arowhon guests enjoy a variety of other on-site activities as well:
- Two tennis courts- we can arrange partners if you wish!
- Volleyball/Badminton net
- Games Room with ping pong, piano and board games
Around the Area
Here are some of our favourite things to do around the area:
- Hunt forgotten treasures at B’s Antiques in Huntsville
- Take in spectacular, one-of-a-kind views along the Haliburton Highland Canopy Tour www.haliburtonforest.com/activities/canopy-tour
- Visit Kelly Holinshead, local photographer at her country place, The Shuttterbug Gallery – www.kellytheshutterbug.com
- There’s always room for ice cream! Kawartha Dairy is located at 178 Highway 60 in Huntsville, www.kawarthadairy.com
- Algonquin Outfitters www.algonquinoutfitters.com
- Algonquin Bound Outfitters, www.algonquinbound.com
- The Portage Store, www.portagestore.com
- At Soapstones, you will fine handcrafted soap and skincare prodcuts at 54 Main Street East in Huntsville, (705) 224-7627 www.soapstones.myshopify.com
- Rosie’s Horse Trail Rides at 460 Highway 60 in Huntsville, (705) 788-7433
Within a 40-minute drive of Arowhon, you will also find golf courses, whitewater rafting, and more.