In addition to being on the lake and in the forest, Arowhon guests enjoy a variety of other on-site activities as well:
- Two tennis courts- we can arrange partners if you wish!
- Volleyball/Badminton net
- Games Room with ping pong, piano and board games
Around the Area
Here are some of our favourite things to do around the area:
- Hunt forgotten treasures at B’s Antiques in Huntsville
- Take in spectacular, one-of-a-kind views along the Haliburton Highland Canopy Tour www.haliburtonforest.com/activities/canopy-tour
- Visit Kelly Holinshead, local photographer at her country place, The Shuttterbug Gallery – www.kellytheshutterbug.com
- There’s always room for ice cream! Kawartha Dairy is located at 178 Highway 60 in Huntsville, www.kawarthadairy.com
Fishing Guide Greg Betteridge:
Greg worked on trout research and assessment from 1978 to 2012 with the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources in Algonquin Provincial Park. His experience working with and fishing for wild trout, and his love of the outdoors, uniquely qualifies him to guide, educate and chat in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
For information on a fishing license: https://www.huntandfishontario.com/
- Algonquin Outfitters www.algonquinoutfitters.com
- Algonquin Bound Outfitters, www.algonquinbound.com
- The Portage Store, www.portagestore.com
- At Soapstones, you will fine handcrafted soap and skincare prodcuts at 54 Main Street East in Huntsville, (705) 224-7627 www.soapstones.myshopify.com
- Rosie’s Horse Trail Rides at 460 Highway 60 in Huntsville, (705) 788-7433
Within a 40-minute drive of Arowhon, you will also find golf courses, whitewater rafting, and more.