VIEW OUR 2-MIN. VIDEO
Arowhon Pines is fully booked for the rest of the 2021 season; we are taking bookings for 2022 at this time.
Autumn Guests with Reservations:
Algonquin Park is busy in the fall, especially during the weekends. If you arrive at either the West or East Gate and Algonquin Park has reached capacity, visitors will not be permitted to enter. This absolutely does not affect registered guests of Arowhon Pines. Drive through and do not stop to pay for a permit; we will provide you one upon arrival. Weekend guests should know that Park trails are busy, your favourites might be closed and parking lots full; traffic on Highway 60 is slow and (gasp) you might not make it back for lunch! Enjoy our trails instead that start from our property. If you do venture out, make sure that you bring your park permit and display it on your dashboard. Stay safe.
As a guest of Arowhon Pines, a complimentary vehicle day pass to explore Algonquin Park is included in your rate.
Explore the beautiful stillness of the Algonquin woodlands. Established in 1893, Algonquin is Ontario’s first provincial park and it attracts over half a million visitors annually. Occupying 7,630 square kilometers of land and water, it includes an extensive network of canoe routes, hiking trails and campsites.
Activities in Algonquin Park include:
- 16 interpretive walking trails ranging from 0.8km to 11km in length
- Spectacular Algonquin Park visitor’s center with exhibits on park wildlife and human history, theater, bookstore and a breathtaking panoramic viewing deck
- Mountain bike trails
- Nature lectures and guided leisurely hikes
- Canoe outings on Park Lake
- Outdoor theatre events
- Public wolf howls
- Art in the park- special exhibits such as painting, sculptures, and photography.
- Mushroom and wildflower walks
- Animal tracks and night noises
- Logging museum
- Painting classes with “Look See Paint”
- Whitewater rafting on the Madawaska River
- Children’s programmes
Check out the Algonquin Park Weekly Events Calendar
Click to view Algonquin Park live: Algonquin Park Live Webcam