Un-rough it in Algonquin Park
It's time for Arowhon Pines. Time to reconnect with what matters. To sit back and listen to your heart. To be inspired by nature. Time for that great book. Time to paddle an empty lake. Shaped naturally by the hills, lakes, and streams of Algonquin Park, Arowhon is just imperfect enough to be amazing. Amazing people, amazing food, warm fires.
Arowhon is a living place full of personality – we offer authenticity, hospitality, and respect. We offer the simple elegance of comfortable, rustic accommodation, good food made from quality local ingredients, prepared with love, and the “luxury” of peace and tranquility in the wilderness where you can spend time with a moose, listen to a loon, canoe, swim and relax. We look forward to welcoming you.
~ Your Friends at Arowhon
Open: TBD - October 12, 2020
Arowhon Quick Guide
- All-inclusive. We offer family vacations, romantic getaways, family celebrations and weddings for up to 100 people
- Peace & quiet, 8 km off the main road - no motor boats, no highway traffic
- Three meals per day included with your stay - served in our heritage lakeside log dining room. Food, made from scratch using quality local ingredients, prepared with love by a team of chefs.
WHERE TO EAT IN CANADA: “the food, which is without question the best in memory." Read full review.
- Comfortable accommodation in log cabins along the lakeshore
- All recreational facilities included – canoe/kayak a chain of lakes, hike trails to see moose, sail, swim in the lake, SUP, play tennis, relax
Information about Covid-19
and Arowhon Pines
Arowhon Pines is still answering inquiries and taking reservations for the 2020 season.
At present though, we are unsure of our opening date and what guidelines are in store for us, as mandated by the Ontario government.
In order to be able to operate, we would need the Ontario government to open Algonquin Park, and “restaurants”.
It goes without saying that we will only open if we can keep workers and guests healthy and safe.
The new normal may include, at least in the earliest phases of Ontario’s recovery, operating at less occupancy, robust cleaning and disinfecting regimes at the resort and a new style of eating in the dining room -- - table spacing, two seatings, servers in masks and gloves, all the while with guests and staff doing their part by washing their hands frequently, practicing good hygiene and physically distancing.
The peace and quiet of Arowhon Pines inside Algonquin Park, amongst the lakes, forests, wildlife and company of friends, will be a welcome retreat for us all.
We’ll keep in touch with more news as we come by it.