Open May 30th - October 12, 2014
As a guest of Arowhon Pines, a complimentary vehicle day pass to explore Algonquin Park is included in your rate.
Explore the beautiful stillness of the Algonquin woodlands. Established in 1893, Algonquin is Ontario’s first provincial park and it attracts over half a million visitors annually. Occupying 7,630 square kilometers of land and water, it includes an extensive network of canoe routes, hiking trails and campsites.
Activities in Algonquin Park include:
- 16 interpretive walking trails ranging from 0.8km to 11km in length
- Spectacular Algonquin Park visitor’s center with exhibits on park wildlife and human history, theater, bookstore and a breathtaking panoramic viewing deck
- Mountain bike trails
- Nature lectures and guided leisurely hikes
- Canoe outings on Park Lake
- Outdoor theatre events
- Public wolf howls
- Art in the park- special exhibits such as painting, sculptures, and photography.
- Mushroom and wildflower walks
- Animal tracks and night noises
- Logging museum
- Painting classes with “Look See Paint”
- Whitewater rafting on the Madawaska River
- Children’s programmes
Check out the Algonquin Park Weekly Events Calendar